We hope that this site will start new conversations about how the web is contributing to a rapidly warming planet. Many thanks to the incredible people that were responsible for taking this project from a napkin sketch to 1.43 MB of beautifully served data.
- Art direction and design: Jory Kruspe
- Development: Daniel Lamb
- Research: Andrew Boardman, Tim Frick, Jory Kruspe
- Copy: Andrew Boardman, Tim Frick, John Haugen
- Sustainability consulting: John Haugen
- Typeface: Playfair Display by Claus Eggers Sørensen via Google Fonts
- Photography: JP Danko, Victor Torres, Shannon Aston via Stocksy
- Video: Dissolve
- Publishing platform: WordPress, the best
- Hosting: 1984 Hosting, powered by geothermal and hydropower energy
- Dedicated to: the global B Corp community, collectively using business as a force for good
- Thanks and inspiration: Greenpeace’s Click Clean Scorecard, James Christie and Jen Briselli and their Sustainable UX jam, Green Web Foundation, Chris Adams and Product Science, Dave Anderson of Canvas Host, Bernard Yu of Green America, Mike Gifford and OpenConcept, Green House Data, DOJO4, JD Capuano and Closed Loop Advisors, B the Change Media, and conscious companies everywhere
If you have any questions or want to reach out to us, please email us at email@example.com. Thank you for visiting.
- 1 Mark Mills: The Cloud Begins with Coal: Big Data, Big Networks, Big Infrastructure, and Big Power
- 2 Ecograder: FAQ
- 3 SpeedCurve: The average web page is 3MB. How much should we care?
- 4 Greenpeace’s Click Clean Scorecard
- 5 U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Overview of Greenhouse Gases
- 6 Tech Times: 21 Amazing Facts About Global Warming and Climate Change
- 7 NASA’s Global Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet
- 8 The Nature Conservancy: One-fourth of the Earth’s species could be headed for extinction by 2050 due to climate change